Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Wonderland Ward Party

Our ward forgot to have a Christmas party... so since there is no longer an Activities Chairperson or committee, the Bishop asked the ward council who would be willing to be in charge of a ward activity in January. No one volunteered. Everyone was silent. Finally I couldn't take it any longer and I said I would do it. I think it turned out incredibly well for my first ever ward party!
These were the invitations
These were the awesome snowflakes my presidency and I made! They were so huge!! (Click HERE to learn how to make them!) So easy, yet so impressive!
The tables had these blue snowflakes, with additional snowflakes stamped onto the tables, and then the utensils and napkin rolled with a cute snowflake napkin ring around it!

We had giant snowflakes hanging all over, and additional snowflakes covering all the walls. It looked magical!
-
Unfortunately once the party started I was to busy to take pictures. The Relief Society did the food for us and they served delicious Cinnamon rolls, ham, eggs, and fruit. Then once everyone was about done eating we played the game Minute to Win It! I had so many people knock my idea to play this game, but Jeremy and I did it anyway... and it was a HUGE HIT!! We played 13 different games. Adults and Kids were equally enjoying the game, and it kept every one's attention! Jeremy was our game show host, and he did so awesome!!
-
It's almost been a week and people are still talking about how fun it was! I am just SO HAPPY it is over!!!

3 comments:

Megan Smith said...

WAY cute idea, Camille!

Stephanie said...

You did an AWESOME job! When i told the boys we were going to play minute to win it at Christmas they were NOT excited....but we all had a lot of fun. You just have to get the game started and then everyone likes it.

Paul and Darla said...

Good Job, Camille!!!