Monday, June 13, 2011

Boston's 4th Birthday

Boston woke me up, and I asked him "What day is it?" He replied with the biggest smile ever "My Birthday!"

Of course we started out the day with birthday pancakes!


Then he insisted that we needed to go bowling. So bowling we did. Which of course I loved, and the kids did too!

Then we met my Mom, Logan, and Mason at Wheeler farm for an afternoon of fun... we began with a picnic, and soon the cold, wind, rain was to much to handle so we escaped and went to


McDonald's. The kids had a blast, and who could complain about eating an Ice Cream Sundae and a cupcake??


We went home to open presents! He was so cute opening each gift. He would get SO EXCITED about each one.


Boston with his 2 favorite presents. His new bike, and his race car driver dress-up. So fun.



We grabbed a quick dinner and let him blow, I mean spit out a candle on a cupcake. True 4 year old boy fashion I suppose. Then we headed off to his 2nd baseball game, which couldn't have been a better present for Boston. It was a fabulous birthday!!


Some things I want to remember about Boston at age 4



  • He LOVES to learn. He would rather do a "homework" page, then play with his toys. He started reading in February. We don't push it on him, but when he wants to do it, we let hi run with it! He is doing so good at reading books like Fox in the Box. He loves reading books with his Mommy and Daddy.


  • Favorite Breakfasts: Hot Chocolate and Toast, Pancakes, Apple Jacks, Muffins.


  • Favorite Lunches: Chicken Nuggets, Hot Dogs, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.


  • Favorite Dinner: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (aka Sweet and Sour Meatballs)


  • Favorite Treats: M&M's, Brownies, Suckers.


  • Favorite Friends: His cousins of course, Porter, Alexa, Vincent, Jaren, T.J.


  • He LOVES his sister Hadley. He wants to do everything she does. He copy's her, and wants her to be with him at all times.


  • He's a T.V. junkie. He would watch T.V. all day if I would let him. He loves Dinosaur Train, Cat in the Hat, Sesame Street, and Arthur. He also loves to watch shows on the computer. He's favorite there are Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Little Einsteins.


  • He loves to play computer games. starfall.com, Lego.com, Bobthebuilder.com, and pbskids.com.


  • He loves to play outside, and he especially loves to ride his bike. He also loves baseball, basketball, football, and his scooter.


  • His favorite night of the week is Monday because of Family Home Evening.


  • He loves helping. He loves helping me cook, shop, or clean. He loves helping Daddy build stuff, fix stuff, wash stuff.


  • His favorite places to go are to Grandma's house, story time at the library, Macey's NOT Walmart, Friends House's, Swimming, and Trafalga.


  • He hates coloring, but enjoys painting.


  • He is afraid of Dogs.


  • He is usually scared to try something new, and then once he does, he loves it.


  • He is very tender.


  • He make me laugh all the time. He always has something crazy to say.


  • He loves to sing and play the piano, his drums, and the harmonica. He especially loves to make up his own songs.


  • He is so sweet. He hugs me when I cry, he tells me he loves me, he tells me I am his friend, he tells me I am the best Mom Ever... seriously, he is amazing. I love him so much!! Apx. 8,760 books have been read. Twinkle Twinkle little star has been sung apx. 1,460 times, yet 4 years has flown by. I couldn't be more blessed.

No comments: