Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wednesday

I just read a comment on my blog where my ever so kind sister-in-law said "Camille you are amazing. You make every outing look effortless."  Thanks Tammy.  I will treasure that comment forever.  But I want her, and anyone else that might think that to realize me and my kids have our struggles too!  Although most of our outings are fun and successful, their have been a few that well... just keep reading. 
Wednesday afternoon was the Strawberry Days Children's Parade!  Where every kid in the city rides a bike or scooter of sorts down the road, get a Popsicle and goes home.  Well the mass amounts of people get going and my Hadley freaks out.  "It's to steep!"  There is an ever so slight incline on the road... she refuses to continue.  She screams, she yells, she hits me, and meanwhile the parade left us.  I am just hoping and praying that Boston will stay with our ward and make it to the end of the parade and wait for me!  I am now on the sidewalk attempting to push Cambridge in the stroller, with Hadley walking/screaming, and me also carrying her bike.  A police officer kindly approaches us... and asks if he can carry the bike.  Knowing that will make Hadley scream more to see a police officer take her bike, I said no... he then offered Hadley a Tattoo if she would stop screaming.  She did.  Oh what I wouldn't give to have a police officer everyday to stop her screaming!  It was SO EMBARRASSING, but we survived, we found Boston, and I don't think we will ever do the children's parade again.    

We grabbed a bite to eat and headed to the Rodeo.  Feeling sorry for myself I bought myself a large Moose Tracks Shake.  I hadn't finished it so I brought it along with us...
Needing to get Cambridge;s jacket on, I handed Hadley my milkshake to hold for 2 seconds... she dropped it and it splashed on some guys back who was not so kind about it.  Awesome.  Where is Jeremy you might ask... at school. 
After that we had a lot of fun.  I wish I could have taken some more pictures but trying to keep 3 kids happy by myself was all I could do!  Boston did go run around trying to get money from the cash cow... so funny to watch!  So although it might appear that our adventures are effortless...there not.  But adventure is what keeps me happy... so we will keep on adventuring!

1 comment:

Paul and Darla said...

That's so funny! I think I would have just sat down and cried!