Thursday, December 3, 2009

Where have I been the last 17 days?

Where have I been the last 17 days... Overwhelmed. I was asked to be our ward's Primary President. I am glad to serve, but feel a huge responsibility. I just hope I can do the job. It makes me SO GRATEFUL for all of my church leaders. For their long hours, love, and kindness that helped strengthen my testimony as a child, youth, and still as an adult. Hopefully I will get a handle on things soon. In the meantime, PLEASE leave a comment of any primary ideas you have for me. I could use all the help I can get!!

Although most of my time has been spent trying to figure out my new calling, we have sneaked a lot of other fun things in as well.

Sometime in November it snowed. Just a tiny bit. Boston insisted we make a snowman. So, we gathered all the snow from the back and front yards and made this... our snow/leaf man. Considering it crumbled 2 times, it doesn't look that bad?? Boston was thrilled. I can't wait until we get enough snow to make a real snowman that will last more then a few hours! Everything is so magical for Boston, I just love it.
We had a fantastic time up in the Bear Lake Valley for Thanksgiving. We got together with 85 family members for a delicious feast! I was in aw at how big my family is. I am such a lucky girl. I wish I would have taken more pictures. In the collage above, you can see Boston and his cousins eating at the "kids table" along with uncle Matt! My cute parents, a turkey Boston and I made, and a picture of us at Thanksgiving. (click on the picture to make it bigger!)
This barn was right outside the church where we had our feast. I just loved it. So I made Boston pose for me.
Here is two cute girls! My cousin Lauren, and Hadley Boo.

Other then that...

  • Jeremy and I were given GREAT tickets to a U of U football game. It was so fun to go back to the college where we spent our first 2 years of married life together. Hopefully next year we can go to a BYU game!
  • Jeremy and I went on a fun date to the playhouse in town. It was so small town that they didn't even take credit cards... but don't worry, they just told us to mail them money later.
  • We had our family pictures taken by my sister-in-law Cassie! Can't wait to share to share them.
  • Had a FANTASTIC time on black Friday this year!
  • Jeremy has continued to be very busy with remodeling projects. We are almost finished with the shower downstairs! It is looking amazing!
  • Hadley is LOVING all food given to her, except the peas. She continues to be the most smiley girl I've ever seen. Having the Christmas tree up has given her extra motivation to scoot, roll, and do anything she can to get to those Christmas ornaments and lights! I'm just waiting for her to pull it down on top of her!
  • Boston is loving the holiday season. He walks around the house saying "Merry Christmas Everyone." He has learned Jingle Bells, and Up on the House Top... this kid just LOVES music.

    There is the massive update in case you wanted it! ;)

7 comments:

Megan Smith said...

I have no doubt that you are going to be an EXCELLENT primary president! A perfect calling for you.

Lynne said...

I know it can be overwhelming but I also know you're going to be a great Primary President. http://theideadoor.com/

This is a great site for extras. You've probably used it before, and I can't remember what it has for Primary but I know I used it when I was in Primary.

Congratulations!!

Berry Family said...

You will be an amazing Primary President! Good luck! I love how kids get so excited for the tiniest snow fall & want to go out in it. Jovie & Mike build a snow man when it snowed & ours looks just like that with the leaves.

Grandma Rogers said...

I LOVE your snowman, Boston. Good job!!!

The Willeyes said...

I'm sure it is overwhelming, but you will be awesome. Talk to Tiffaney...she is great and can get you in the right direction. You will be great!

Rickeynoel said...

love the snow man and the pics... I realy like the one by the fence

Jennie said...

We love you and miss you!!!! It sure is a busy time of year!