Monday, November 16, 2009

In The Spirit of Thanksgiving

I know I post about the Mormon Messages often, but I LOVE THEM! They are great to use in Family Home Evenings! This one is actually kind of funny, especially the Mac and Cheese guy. Check it out;

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MormonMessages#p/u/0/Tuwid8_O8dk

Also while on LDS.org I found this great quote about Gratitude.

A grateful heart is the beginning of greatness. Gratitude builds humility as we recognize an act of kindness, service, or caring from someone else. True gratitude is a foundation for faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being. Being grateful leads us to look outside ourselves and turn to the bestower of the blessings.


As we regularly express our gratitude to our Heavenly Father, we cultivate an uplifting attitude. The Savior has promised, “He who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious” (D&C 78:19). Bitterness, resentful feelings, or mean-spiritedness cannot exist in a grateful heart. Greater happiness is achieved as deeper gratitude is developed. http://www.lds.org/topic/gratitude/

I love this time of year where we get to focus on things we are grateful for. I am truly so blessed.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Loved the post. Thank you for sharing that wonderful quote.

Nicole said...

I love this post. Thanks for sharing. I am grateful to have such a wonderful example and friend in my life! :D

Darla said...

I've been having a few "pity parties" lately, so thank you, Camille, for that beautiful reminder to be grateful.

We'll miss you all Thanksgiving, but KNOW you'll have a great time in Idaho. I love you all.

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Wow, Camille, I loved the post. I found myself smiling through the whole thing. Thank you!

Kristen said...

I truly am so blessed. . .and yet I find so much to complain about. Thanks for reminding me to cut it out and enjoy the major blessings in my life.

PS: By the power vested in me, I hereby call you to be my new visiting teacher (via blog) since the other one either got married, moved, or became inactive while I was away this summer.