Friday, November 1, 2013

Washington D.C. Day 4 - The Terrrible Shutdown


Jeremy had meetings in the morning and I had planned to go to the National Zoo that morning with one of the other wives... well the Government Shutdown this day which changed the course of our how vacation.  If we had been paying attention to the news we probably would have spent our days differently, but little did we realize almost EVERYTHING would be shutdown for the days we had plan to sight see.  So sad.  So very very sad. 

When Jeremy was finished with his conference, we went with his Boss and his wife to the Spy Museum. 

It was cool, but not worth the money for me. 

Jeremy always knows how to have fun! 

I am so parinoid now that everyone is spying on me... 

We went and saw Ford's Theatre... from the outside. 
 

The place across the street where Abraham Lincoln died. 

Then we went to the Building Museum, but they were closing in 10 minutes.  If I ever become rich and famous I will have a grand party here.  AMAZING building. 

Across the street was a Fallen Officer's memorial.  I was able to find my friend's husband Charles Skinner's name.  Tender moment. 

We then went and visited the outside of the capital.  We had tickets for a tour... but of course it was canceled. 

It was so neat to be there and think of all the great moments in history that have taken place there. 

We even joined the protesters!  Just for a picture though!! 

We watched a BEAUTIFUL sunset and then enjoyed some dinner at a yummy Mexican Restaunt! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: