Saturday, November 2, 2013

Washington D.C. Day 2


Jeremy's conference began and he was in meetings all day!  I slept in, watched Women's Conference on our lap top, and then Jeremy snuck out and attended Sacrament meeting with me at this beautiful historic chapel!  It happened to be a singles ward... whoops!  The secret service were EVERYWHERE because Harry Reid was attending the ward before the one we went to.  Jeremy went back to his meetings and I stayed to all 3 meetings.  It was a wonderful wonderful afternoon. 

I then had to brave the metro by myself.  When I arrived back at my stop, here is the escalator that greated me.  It was the biggest escalator I have every seen in my life.   

I walked around the hotel and found this replica of the White House made out of white chocolate! 

The beautiful lobby! 
The beutiful outside!

The evening Jeremy and I decided to explore! 

We hoped on the metro 

and happened upon a beautiful sunset! 

We found the white house!! Then realizing how close we were to the monuments we decided to go exploring!!
The Washington Monument was covered in scaffolding, but was still really cool. 
 

The World War II Memorial was soooooo beautiful at night. 

The Koren War Memorial 

The Lincoln Memorial  

This was probably our favorite.  A very special feeling and reverence was felt here. 
 

Beautiful view of the Linoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, and the U,S, Capital 

Having fun with shadows!  What a wonderful wonderful night! 

No comments: