Thursday, August 16, 2012

Last Week of Summer???

We planned a fun week this week... thinking it was Boston's last week before he officially becomes a school boy!  Then I received a letter in the mail telling me that Kindergartners don't start until the 28th, because they do assessments the first week.  That would have been nice to know before I started the countdown with Boston... oh well.  I am more then thrilled to plan yet another fun last week of summer!
On Monday... we had a super fun BBQ with some friends! Sadly no pictures.
On Tuesday... we had a blast hanging out with Aunts, and Cousins at the park! Sadly no pictures.
On Wednesday... we went up the beautiful American Fork Canyon with My Mom, my sister-in-law and her mom (who was heading the activity), and my nieces and nephews!  We found a beautiful camp spot to hang out, and we got to work on our "craft"

The kiddos used bleach pens and designed their own T-shirts! 

Hadley being so careful... 

After it dried a bit, they rinsed out the bleach in a bucket of water. 

Hung them up to dry... 

They were just so proud of their shirts! 

While we waited, Hadley had a blast playing the water... something she find ANYWHERE we go.  

We ate lunch and went on a little hike... 

Finally the shirts were dry!  

What a fun fun project.  More then anything I just loved being up in the Canyon.  It's just so peaceful.
-
Thursday... 

We enjoyed the last dollar movie for the summer!  I think more then anything, the kids just love the popcorn! 

Stay tuned for Friday's adventure... it's going to be GREAT!

No comments: