Friday, December 2, 2011

Our Mini Vacation

While Jeremy was gone, me and the kids went on a mini vacation to my parents!!

We shopped.

We went to Grandpa's work and kidnapped him for lunch in the downtown food court! Yum Yum!!!


It was SO FUN for me to go downtown. I just feel at home downtown. I love all the new buildings and can't wait for the downtown rising project to be complete! So exciting!!!


The ugly harmons they built it one of my parking lots...







Oh man, I just can't wait!


Then my Mom and the kids and I rode trax down to The Grand America Hotel.



They had the funnest thing! They had 18 windows with Maurice the penguin in them. In each picture you had to find a star and then figure out which clue on your paper it went with!


Along the way we saw this super cool gingerbread house


And lots of beautiful trees!


These windows are a cute story about a Penguin who is searching for the hotel star.... in the end he finds it in the sky above the baby Jesus. Really cool. Then if you finish all your clue's you get to turn your paper in for a yummy cookie at the bakery!


While we were there we went in this AMAZING toy store. Everyone should go in it, just to see it. They had awesome window displays that could have entertained my kids for hours... and the fun and unique toys they had were so cool.



The best part was this candy organ!! If you stepped where Boston and Hadley are, it lights up with each of your steps and plays music. Totally awesome. Worth the trip! If you want more details on the Penguin Adventure... click
http://www.grandamerica.com/promotions/holiday-offerings-2011/holidayattractions
OR
http://studio5.ksl.com/index.php?nid=71&sid=18202590


I don't have pictures of everything else we did. My wonderful Mom helped with a HUGE pile of mending, I sewed a Christmas pillowcase for Hadley, 2 scripture cases, we made all of my Christmas cards, cooked lots of food for my parents Stake Christmas Open house, and did a little more shopping!!!!
-
Wednesday night was quite the adventure. I awoke about 2:00am because object kept flying into the windows with the terrible wind storm, and it was so loud!! I didn't sleep much and finally at 6:00 Boston got up too. We went upstairs and my parents were awake. We all watched the crazy storm, and then boom, the lights went out. Lucky for us my parents had a gas fire to keep us warm. We spent the morning watching the storm, and playings games by lantern light, and sunlight.



We left at Noon to take Boston to preschool, and their power didn't come on until 6:00 that night. My parents trees were fine, just a few outdoor decorations were distroyed. Close by though, a whole lot of trees fell down, fences ruined, shingles galore flew off houses... it was a big mess. Click here to see the news stories, and pictures of the crazyness. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=18309646


We had a fabulous vacation! Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: