Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Art of Saying Thank You

This post is just a random thought I have had on my mind since yesterday.

You see, last time I went and got my oil change it was not a very good experience. The people made promises they didn't keep, and just weren't very nice. I have been dreading taking the car in for an oil change, but yesterday I finally did it. They were super friendly, fast, and even accepted a coupon that was meant for there other shop.

As I was telling Jeremy about my experience, he said "Why don't you write them a letter, and tell them thanks. People only want to go above and beyond if they know it is making a difference. " So that is exactly what I am going to do.

I think as a society we have lost the art of saying thanks, and giving praise for a job well done. Of course we are quick to write a letter, or give a complaint if something goes wrong... but what about when someone does something that make your day a little better. So this is a shout out to all those who read this blog, lets say more thank you's, and really try to give credit where credit is deserved. Whether that be to the company that changes your oil, or to the family member who did the dishes.

Thank you for enduring through my long and random thought, and a BIG THANKS to my husband who taught me an important lesson.

1 comment: