Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Love/ Hate Relationship with Being a Home Owner

I Hate being a homeowner sometimes... such as one day being told you need to get a new water heater... and then the next day having the main water pipe break in your front yard. So not fun.


Long story short... pipe broke- 8 phone calls later- some nice dudes came the next day to fix it!


3 giant holes were dug.


There goes the beautiful grass...


and the new super great pipe was put in. Not exactly what I wanted to spent our tax return on, but I am so happy to have running water in our house again!

Looking at the positive...
-We found the leak quickly. No damage caused from all the water.
-It was a good teaching lesson on how much water storage you REALLY will need. Water goes quickly.
-I now really really really really appreciate running water and flushing toliets!


Why I LOVE being a homeowner...


is because of these two diggers! Much cuter then the proffessionals! I love owning a home so my kids can be as loud as they want, and now with this awesome weather they can go outside in our fenced backyard and play ALL DAY! I think it is going to be the best summer ever. They are best friends, and love playing outside together! I also love that we are back to eating our lunches and some dinners outside!! LOVE IT!! Hello Spring!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Yey out door play! But you didn't tell me all about your trauma when I saw you today!

I'm glad things worked out, and you certainly do have the best yard to play in! super sweet!