Friday, March 16, 2012

Cacus Night

Wow. I don't even know what to say. But I want to say something. Last night's Caucus meeting was awesome, interesting, crazy, stressful, funny, and oh so much more. With Jeremy being the district education officer he has been to lots of meetings to get trained, and then more meetings to train others on how to run their Caucus Meetings.

I was one of the three people who checked people in last night. It was a royal nightmare. If people actually found a parking spot, then it took them like 30 minutes to even get into the door because the lines were so long. We ran out of registration forms, wristbands, name tags, EVERYTHING. The last caucus 32 people came... so they planned on 50. 180 people showed up from our precinct. It was so awesome to see that kind of involvement, but nobody was prepared for the masses. I left at 9:00pm to relieve the babysitter, and Jeremy got home at 1:00am. I was really happy with the awesome people that were elected. Jeremy is now a state delegate on top of his Education Officer Responsibilities. He is loving learning more and more, and I am trying to be a supportive wife.I would for sure go again. It was really quite fun and interesting, but I sure hope our district prepares better next time!!

No comments: