Friday, October 28, 2011

Little Sydni

Back in the day when we had primary activities, I was going around the ward passing out flyers. I came to a house of a little girl that used to come to primary but hadn't been in a long while. I had this feeling that I should knock, and not just tape it to the door. For once in my life, I listened to that still small voice and knocked. Ron Ashby answered the door. I had never met him, but he was nice. He was happy about the flyer, and he asked me when church started. He told me he wanted to have his little grandaughter Sydni start coming to church again.
-
Soon after little Sydni started coming week after week. She just LOVED primary. Soon she got her brother Andre' to start coming too! Soon her Grandpa and Grandma would come for the Sunday School hour. She was quite the missionary! Well she turned 8 years old back in July, and since neither of her parents are members, she was considered a convert baptism. I got the lucky opportunity to go with the sister missionaries and teach Sydni the lessons.

To make a long story short, I have fallen in love with little Sydni's family. They are such great people. I loved being invovled with missionary work. It is amazing to see the transition in a home when the spirit begins to abide there.

On October 8th Sydni was Baptized by her Grandpa Ron. It was such an amazing day.


Sydni with her Grandparents and little Brother Andre!

The awesome missionaries I got to work with!


Me and Sydni! This girl is amazing. She loves the gospel, and wants to choose the right! Oh how I love her!

1 comment:

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

What a cute girl and an amazing story!