Thursday, October 6, 2011

California Dreamin' Day 2

We woke up, got ready, ate breakfast, and went to the most MAGICAL place ever! DISNEYLAND!!!!

Everything is just so awesome! Even the signs are amazing.


Even the benches are cute!

We decided to head to California Adventure first!! Did I mention that this was Jeremy, Hadley, and Boston's first time, my first time with just family, and my parents first time in a LONG time!)

My first time at California Adventure was on a band trip with my sister Natalia. Natalia bought a little stuffed bear that looked just like this one. There were a lot of great memories of Natalia at Disneyland. She loved that place.

The first ride we did was the new Little Mermaid ride! It was so well done, and so cute!! It was a great one to start the kiddos off on!

Boston especially loved the Golden Zephyr's which he called the rockets ships.

We all LOVED Toy Story Mania! It is such a fun ride!! We went on it a couple of times!

The Green Army guys recruited Boston and Hadley for their show! So cute!

We didn't spend a lot of our time waiting in line for Characters, but we did see our friend Jessie! She was so cute with the kids!

Gotta love her!

I so can not wait for Cars land to open next year! It is going to be AMAZING! Just seeing McQueen and Mator gets me excited!

I love a bugs land. It was so perfect for the kiddos! They loved EVERYTHING in there!

Boston's favorite's were anything he felt like he was "Driving"


I love the smells on this ride! YUM!

We went and saw a Mickey Mouse Dance show! It was cute!

My Mom and Dad with the star!

How can you just not love Mickey!


We took turns on the bigger rides staying with the kids. The Parent Pass thing is so AWESOME!! I was glad I had purchased some cheap Disney toys from the dollar store to help entertain the kids, and also an I Spy book!

Random pictures from the day... my favorite being my Mom wearing Hadley's Minnie Ears!

We ate continental breakfasts, packed our lunches, and we splurged at dinner. We had so much fun at the Rainforest Cafe!! What a fun place especially for kids!

We enjoyed some dancing to live music in Downtown Disney!

Took a quick peak at the Lego store... So AWESOME!

Then headed to the World of Color show. UNBELIEVABLE. AMAZING. UNFORGETTABLE! Seriously the coolest show ever. Book your tickets now... Go see it!! So awesome.

The kids had a blast and were going non-stop all day. It's no wonder that both of them crashed on our walk back to the hotel...


It proved only a nap... they still needed bed time stories... and all would sleep well except for me! At about 2 in the morning I thought one of the kids jumped on the bed, I look over and they are both sound asleep... The whole room is swaying... Jeremy wakes up and says "It's an earthquake!" He rolls over and goes back to sleep. I FREAK OUT for at least an hour and then get a little more sleep! I call my parents in the morning "Did you feel that earthquake last night?" My Dad responds with something like this; "There was an earthquake?? Shoot, I wish I would have woken up. I'm sad I missed it." The news confirmed there was a 3.5 magnitude earthquake... I'm glad it wasn't any bigger. Scary enough for me.

1 comment:

Megan Smith said...

Oh my goodness, that earthquake would have scared the livin' daylights out of me! Jeremy totally did what Matt would have done - gone back to sleep while I would have done what you did - stay awake and worry forever. :)