Monday, October 18, 2010

Stitches AGAIN? Oh dear...

On September 13th 2008 Boston received his first set of stitches on the left side of his forehead. October 17th of this year he received a couple more stitches right in the middle of his forehead. Poor guy!! I sure hope he isn't going to make this a every other year fall tradition.

I must say there is NEVER a dull Sunday around our place, and this one was no exception. I was doing my hair, Jeremy was at a meeting, and Boston was trying to get Hadley to chase him. While he was running, he tripped and fell right onto our brick fireplace... OUCH! The screaming began, the blood gushed, and the instant I saw it, I knew he needed stitches. So I got him cleaned up, bandaged up, and Boston, Hadley and I waited for Jeremy to come home. After only a few minutes he came and off we went to Instacare. Boston was screaming and crying and refused to go in. I told him that if he was a brave boy he would get a sucker! That did the trick. He didn't cry another tear. He let them do 5 numbing shots, and two giant stitches with no wiggling, crying, or whining. The doctor said he was the BRAVEST 3 year old he has ever seen! As we are leaving he said "I am the luckiest guy. I got two spiderman band-aids, and a blue sucker that matches!" He was the happiest guy alive. What a positive attitude!

The damage... it wasn't a very long cut, it was just SO DEEP! He seriously had a hole in his head! Thank goodness for doctors!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love that he said he was so lucky. Good thing that suckers and Spiderman band-aids are so great!

Cassie said...

Oh Boston. Tell him at least he has his front tooth and to ask Peyton about that one.

Megan Smith said...

Boston is such a tough kid! I love the picture you have at the top of your blog - so cute!

The Willeyes said...

Oh, what a cutie...and tough :)