Saturday, October 16, 2010

Natalia's 28th Birthday


Today is my sister Natalia's 28th birthday. I love her. I miss her. I long to hear her voice and see her sweet smile.

I will spend her birthday serving in the temple with some of my family, as I know that is where heaven meets earth. I also know she is very busy in the spirit world helping people accept and learn the gospel. At the temple I can help someone whom I have never met, but perhaps my sister is teaching. I think that the temple is where my sister would want my to be today.

Elder Neal A. Maxwell has said "On the other side of the veil there are perhaps 70 billion people. They need the same gospel, and releases occur here to aid the Lord's work there. Though we miss the departed righteous so much here, hundreds may feel their touch there. One day, those hundreds will thank the bereaved for gracefully foregoing the extended association with choice individuals here in order that they could help hundreds there. In God's ecology, talent and love are never wasted."

I take comfort in knowing that Natalia is busy helping hundred's of people learn the gospel. I know she is a great teacher. Her tender-heart, her smile, her testimony, her valiant service I have no doubt has already touch hundred's, perhaps thousands, perhaps billions of people in the spirit world.

My Stake President Brent L. Top gave a very enlightening talk about death. I learned a lot by watching it, and my testimony was strengthened by watching it. I invite you to watch it too.
I finish my post today with words from Joseph F. Smith "We cannot forget them; we do not cease to love them; we always hold them in our hearts, in memory, and thus we are associated and united to them by ties we cannot break. . . . [They] can see us better than we can see them— . . . they know us better than we know them. They have advanced; we are advancing; we are growing as they have grown; we are reaching the goal that they have attained unto; and therefore, I claim that we live in their presence, they see us, they are solicitous for our welfare, they love us now more than ever."

I love you Natalia. Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

Megan Smith said...

Camille, you are so good at expressing your thoughts. I loved the insight on the work being done in the Spirit World and how when you go to the Temple, you can feel that you are assisting Natalia. What an incredible thought! I will definitely keep that in mind when I go to the Temple again. Thank you for sharing. I loved the last quote too. Natalia really isn't that far away, it just seems like it sometimes... Love you!

Lynne said...

I loved that last quote too!

It was wonderful being with all of you last night and thinking of Natalia and those we miss--knowing they are aware of us and love us.

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Thanks Camille. I was thinking about her, and Grandma too at our Cousin Gathering. In fact, I think of them often. It was a great post. Love you.

Jennifer Lyn said...

Thanks for sharing. Not an October goes by that I don't remember Natalia's birthday. She is such an amazing person. What a special day to be in the temple.