Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Weekend= A Fire Pit, Coughs, A Sad Move, and a Baseball Game!

Our weekend started out with Jeremy working EXTREMELY hard to level enough ground in our backyard to build a fire pit! He finished at about 8:00pm, and we dragged our sick, coughing kids outside to roast marshmallows on our first ever backyard fire!
It was a really quick fire, but so much fun to be outside, gazing at the stars and city lights and enjoying a gooey mallow! Nothin' better.

Boston loved "camping" and can't wait to roast a hot dog!
-
Saturday was a sad day for us. Jeremy's sister Jenn moved out of our basement, and moved in with some girls from her ward. Jeremy and I didn't realize how sad it would make us. We have really enjoyed the last 7 months with our "Aunt Jenn." We are going to miss her terribly, but are so glad she only lives a few minutes away!
-
Saturday night we went to our nephew Taylor's baseball game! Taylor is 10 years old and has never played baseball. It was his 3rd game of the season and he did AWESOME!! My favorite part was watching him slide into home!!
Here is Taylor's cheering section!!! Hope we didn't embarrass him too much!!
-
On Sunday Jeremy stayed home with the sick kids and I went to Primary. The worst quote from Sunday was a little 4 year old running out of the bathroom totally frightened and saying "I flushed, and water sprayed everywhere!" My favorite quote was a little 3 year old girl's response to my question what does reverence sound like? "It sounds like a puppy sleeping." Oh how I love my calling in Primary!
-
On Sunday night my parents came out and I cooked them green sauce Enchiladas and Horchata. We have a lady in our ward from Mexico and she taught us how to make them! If anyone wants the recipes just let me know and I will post them. It is always fun to have my parents down to our place! We love having visitors down in our neck of the woods.
-
What a weekend.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I'd love the recipes!! And you have a fire pit!! How fun.

Berry Family said...

SO glad you guys did a pit! We love ours & use it SO much. Fun memories for the kids. I totally want your Horchata recipe. Sounds so yummy right now.

Megan Smith said...

I'd LOVE the recipes. I'm into trying "new" things lately. :)