Tuesday, October 9, 2012

He's finally here and we couldn't feel more blessed!
-
The Whole Story if interested; On October 4th at 7:30am we received a phone call from the hospital telling us to be there at 8:30am to be induced!  We hurried and gathered our things and headed to the hospital! 
 (Don't worry, Boston and Hadley were at their Grandma and Grandpa's)  At 9:30 they broke my water, and at 10:00 they started the Pitocyn. Then we waited... and waited... and waited... and waited... they were getting a little worried that they might have to do a C-Section because he just wasn't coming!!  I had to call the kids and tell them that their baby brother would be born while they were sleeping...  Finally he decided to drop down and make his appearance! I pushed through 3 contractions and out Cambridge came, he immediately started crying.  There is no better sound in all the world.  Jeremy cut the cord, and they placed him on top of me to hold.  Although he was covered in white goo, he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  A healthy baby boy!!  He stopped crying almost instantly when they placed him on my chest.  I felt he knew me.  With our other two kids both being born with the cord around their necks, and having a very hard time breathing initially… I’ve never got to hold them right after their births.  It was such a neat, and special experience.  My other two labors I get really sick after delivery and feel like I am going to pass out.  I also have to have oxygen given to me… but not this time.  No oxygen, and I felt GREAT after the delivery.  Although it was a long wait, it was the most perfect delivery I could have asked for. 

Here is Cambridge getting his first bath!! 

All clean and looking handsome!! 

Finally he was back to my arms.  The nurse asked if I wanted to send him to the nursery for the night... I told her that I couldn't.  I felt like I just met him!  I kept him in our room and enjoyed every minute of waking up with him.  I was just so happy to have him here! 

Jeremy was one proud Dad!  It melts my heart watching him be a daddy.
Jeremy was kind enough to spend the nights with me in the Hospital.  Don't worry, he slept great thanks to the complementary sleeping mask and ear plugs!!

At 10:00 the next day my parents and the kiddos came to meet Cambridge!  Boston instantly fell in love.  He couldn't get enough of him.  He just wanted to hold him and play "this little piggy" with his toes!
The first thing Hadley did when Cambridge was placed into her arms was rock back and forth.  Natural instinct.  The reaction from both of them was priceless.  
Grandma and Grandpa loved meeting their newest grandchild! 
My Mom made the funnest chocolate bouquet for me... the nurses all loved it and couldn't stop talking about it!

We enjoyed the day with lots of fun visitors coming to meet our little man! 
We had a really hard time coming up with a name for him!  We studied lists and lists of city names... and Jeremy and I could come up with very few that both of us liked.  But with only a week left, we still didn't have a name that both of us loved.  On Monday, Jeremy came home determined he had found the perfect name... Cambridge.  I told him I would think about it.  I spent the whole next day trying to come up with a better name... but I simply couldn't.  We found out during our delivery that my doctor went to school in Cambridge at M.I.T.  We finally agreed and named our little man Cambridge Hamilton.  Hamilton is Jeremy's middle name!  It's also the capital of Bermuda where Jeremy served for 6 months on his mission!  So yes, all 3 of our kiddos are named after cities in Massachusetts   Who would have thought.    

It was so neat watching General Conference with our brand new baby and have President Monson announce that the age young men and young women can serve a mission has changed!  As I stared at my little boy, I almost felt panicked   I only have 18 years to prepare this young man to serve a full time mission for his Heavenly Father.  It was a very humbling experience.    

Finally on Saturday at 1:30pm we took our Cambridge home!! We were all excited to go! 

So little!! 

My Mom brought the kids home during priesthood session and brought a pizza party and cookies too!!  The kiddos have been so very helpful to hold him, and feed him, and get me all of his supplies! 

Everyone is adjusting rather well so far!  We sure love our little guy!! 

6 comments:

Nicole said...

How great to have the perfect experience!! I'm so happy for you and your handsome little Cambridge!

Mama! said...

He is adorable. I swear, you two have the CUTEST kids! Congrats!

Megan Smith said...

So cute, Camille!

Lynne said...

I was thinking of you today. I want to come see you and the baby soon! I would love to meet him.

Mary-Anne said...

He's beautiful! I love hearing birth stories. I got really sick after my Jacob was born too...I couldn't even hold him for awhile I was so sick. So it's good to hear that maybe it won't happen every time! :) Congratulations on your new addition. You have a beautiful family!

The Gatherers said...

He is so sweet! Boston and Hadley are so adorable with him in those pictures!