Thursday, September 8, 2011

FUN Day!



Yesterday was a great day. I started off the day making Pickles with my Mom. My friend Kristie convinced me to try it... so we did! They turned out AMAZING!!! So yummy! We had them on our Hamburger's tonight, along with Homemade Hamburger Buns that were so delicious!


Hamburger Buns

1-1/2 cups wheat flour
1-1/2 cups white flour
1-1/2 Tbsp. sugar
2-1/4 tsp. yeast
3/4 tsp. salt
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 cup warm water
optional: sesame seeds, Italian seasoning or other herbs

Preparation:
1. Prepare dough by hand or using your bread machine.
2. Then, divide the dough into six equal parts, and roll each piece into a ball.
3. Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet, and flatten into 4-inch rounds.
4. Sprinkle tops with sesame seeds, Italian seasoning or your choice of herbs.
5. Cover and allow to rise 20-30 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until done.7. Allow the buns to cool; then slice in half, fill and serve.


While we made pickles, my kids make marshmallow sculptures.


Hadley mostly enjoyed eating them!


Then we went with my Mom to have lunch with my sister-in-law, Aunt, and cousins at the Gateway! It was so fun getting to visit with all of them! Boston noticed his name on a candy machine... he was thrilled.


Boston and Trevor were walking together and decided they needed to hold hands.


After lunched we went to the fountain and let the kids play while all of us ladies just talked and talked and talked and talked some more!


The kids were all dancing so cute!! If you look closely in the top left corner that is where all the ladies are sitting! I wish so bad I would have taken a picture of that..

2 1/2 hours spent here.

So much fun!


Boston and Ty drying off on the "hot" cement! What a great day!

2 comments:

Paul and Darla said...

Pickles and hamburger buns. Wow, I'm impressed!

Boston, you're so lucky. Not everyone gets to see their name on a candy machine!!!

LolleyJolley said...

Marshmallow sculptures are brilliant. I will HAVE to do that soon.

And...Paul and Darla? My sister and and her husband are Paul and Darla. Are they my Paul and Darla?!?!