Monday, August 1, 2011

Matt and Heather's Wedding

Matt and Heather's Wedding could be summed up with one word... bittersweet. I'm not going to lie, it was a really hard day. I cried. A lot. It just made me miss Natalia so much.

It was also a really happy day. It was wonderful to see Matt so happy. So very happy. I took tons of pictures so I just threw them all into a slide show that is at the bottom of this post. (Nothing fancy, infact I couldn't even get any music put in it. If you can't get it to work, then just click view all images) I thought I would post some of my favorite pictures from the day;

Matt and Heather were married in the Oquirh Mountain Temple. They were the only wedding. It was so quiet and peaceful in the temple.

One of the best moments of the day was when Matt and Heather came out of the temple and all 5 of their kids went to give them hugs. I'm glad I capture this squeeze of Matt and Mason.
Handsome Logan

The new Brother's and Sisters

My favorite picture of the whole day. It was priceless. Logan just went over and sat by my Mom and laid his head on her. They needed each other in this moment.

The Luncheon is summed up in this picture. We had a wonderful lunch, they cut the cake, and then they have a cup cake war with the 5 kids! It was so funny!


I love Matt like a brother. I'm so grateful for the relationship we have been able to keep. He doesn't have to claim us as "family," but he does. I am so thankful. I am so happy to see Matt finally back to himself. I am excited to have a a new sister-in-law and welcoem Heather and her kids into the family.

Congratulations Matt and Heather.





5 comments:

The Gatherers said...

I'm so happy for Matt,I can't imagine how difficult it was for you and your family though! But I'm sure Natalia was smiling down seeing how happy Matt and her boys are and will be starting a new family.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you posted the pictures. I love you!

Berry Family said...

Love love LOVE the picture of your mom and Logan. So special. Your family is amazing. Happy for Matt {but I can understand the bittersweet feeling}

Paul and Darla said...

The picture of your mom and Logan "says it all", doesn't it -- the bitter-sweet, I mean. It's beautiful!

The Willeyes said...

So happy for Matt, but I can't even imagine how bittersweet this day was...the picture of your mom with Logan really does just say it all. I saw that picture and just cried. What a special bond they have. The picture is priceless and beautiful!!!