Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tourist In Town

I forget all of the awesome stuff we have so close to us!! Sometimes I like to be a tourist in my own town!
First we went to the visitor's center to see the new model Salt Lake temple they have on display. It is SO COOL! The details are amazing!
After that we went over to Deseret book to see Elder Richard G. Scott's paintings that were on display there. Wow, what talent. Each painting was so well done, and had so much meaning and depth to it. Very impressive. (click here for more info)

Then we went over to the church history museum. There we found this ship, which is a model of the Enoch Train. My mom just recently found out that one of our ancestor's came across on the Enoch Train to America! The display took on a whole new meaning as I realized that my relative had sacrificed so much to come across on the ship to be with the saints. How neat.

Boston and Hadley by the model Angel Moroni
Boston and Hadley giving talks in the "tabernacle."
If you haven't been in awhile, go visit Temple Square! Lots to see, and teach to your kids. Be a tourist in your own town!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How fun! I haven't been there in quite a while. I can't wait until Sydney's big enough to enjoy it!