Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend was super busy with helping my parents with their remodel, driving to Idaho Falls and back in one day for my brother's 30th birthday, a CRAZY day in Primary, and then a fun day in my hometown for their annual Memorial Day Breakfast.


Jeremy and decided to run the Memorial Day 5K. It was a lot of fun to do it as a family. Jeremy was so kind to go slow enough to stay with me! After the 5K the city does a little program, serves breakfast for only $1.oo a person!!
My Parents have been helping with the breakfast since the very first memorial day celebration some 13 years ago. My Dad is the BEST pancake cooker!


and my Mom really knows what tools to use to mix those eggs!!!

The best part of the whole event is getting to see almost everyone in WX!! Here are my two best friend I grew up with in my ward. Emily and Kaylin.


Another one of my favorite parts is the bagpipes!! Hadley danced and danced to their music!

Boston thought the fire trucks were pretty cool, but a little scary too.
-


After the fun, we went up to the cemetery to visit my sister's grave. It just seems so wrong that I have to go visit my sister's grave. I should only have to visit grandparents graves. It's so hard to understand why she had to go. I miss her lots. I am grateful for memorial day to be able to honor all those who have gone before us. Some a little to soon.

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

Natalia's grave looks so beautiful with all the flowers. I agree - she should be with us visiting grandparents graves. I always think about that on Memorial Day.
Way to go running a 5K!

Melanie said...

Awww...good ol' Woods Cross! I think I did the 5K a couple of years. And I love the pics of the kids in the stroller, they are too cute and starting to look more and more like each other. Natalia's grave is so pretty, just like her. I've never seen a picture of it.