Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Notes of Appreciation and Love

Three years ago today my sister Natalia passed away. Oh how I miss her. One thing that has helped me get through are these 7 notes that she wrote to me, that luckily I kept in a box.


As you can see most of them are thank you cards, from birthday presents, wedding presents, or gifts for her twin boys. But my favorite one, is the one below. She wrote this to me to thank me for a Family Home Evening lesson I gave. This letter was very unexpected when I received it, and it is something I will treasure forever and ever.

I love seeing her handwriting, and how she phrased things. I am so grateful that I have these notes to hold on to, to cling to, to cry on.

It makes me think though. Does everyone I love and appreciate have a note written by me, that in case I should die they would know how much I love and appreciate them? I'm afraid not. So my goal today, in honor of my sister, is to write a note of love and appreciation. Maybe you could join me, and together we can scatter love and appreciation all around us in honor of my sister.

12 comments:

Joy said...

I am in. I've been thinking of sending on to a sister-in-law of mine. I except your challenge and will do.

Adele said...

Great idea Camille! I'm in.

I have a thank you card from Natalia as well. It's for sitting at the book at her wedding reception. I treasure it and am so grateful that I kept it.

Love ya!

Berry Family said...

You are emazing Camille! I am totally on it. Thanks for the goal & idea!

The Willeyes said...

I absolutely love this idea! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to do it!

I sure was thinking of you and your sweet family today. We love you!

The Willeyes said...

Camille, We all miss your sister, she was so sweet and she was my in with Sam, I knew if I got hold of Natalia it would get done. I wrote each of my kids a letter for christmas and put it onthe tree, because you never know and I wanted them to know how I feel about them..You are looking better in red every day...Byde Go Utes!

Nicole said...

This is truly the spirit of Natalia! I'm glad you shared this. I've been thinking about sending cards to people, just randomly, to let them know how much I care about them. I guess you don't realize how much it can mean. I love you and am so grateful for your friendship!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Camille,
We all love and miss Natalia. Thanks for the idea. I have so much love for our family and I regretfully don't tell them enough. I think you are an amazing person too. I believe that your mother and father had a lot to do with the great children they have. You are all so wonderful and giving.

Sheffers said...

What a beutiful idea, thanks for sharing that with us. We love you Camille and hope your happy and doing great!

The Gatherers said...

What sweet memories you have of your sister, she has left such a beautiful legacy.

Ben and Brooke said...

Camille, thank you so much for sharing that. We all loved Natalia so much. I still think about her all the time. She left a great legacy and example for us to follow. You are really lucky to have had her as a sister. Love ya tons!

xoxo Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xoxo Emily said...

Camille,
Thank you for this post. You're sister is really missed and everytime I drive (or drove down 1300 south, until my parents moved last year) everytime I drive past your parents home I say a prayer for your family! Natalie was a wonderful girl with a beautiful spirit and this is why i am so grateful for eternal families. Thank you for this inspiration and hugs to your family. I have a note from Natalia from girls camp...it warmed my heart to re-read it after so many years.