Monday, February 2, 2009

Heart Shaped Cookies!

Nothing says Valentines to me like a Heart Shaped Sugar Cookie! My Mom for as long as I can remember has made these cookies for the February holiday. So when my cute nephews came to visit, I was excited to have them frost one these special cookies!


Logan carefully spreading his frosting

Mason stopping to pose for the picture

Boston didn't care about frosting the cookie, he just wanted to eat it!

Nothing like decorating them with some M&M's!

I was quite impressed with how carefully they decorated their cookies. It was yet another fun day spent with my Mom and the boys!

Sugar Cookies

  • 2 Cups Sugar
  • 1 Cup Shortening
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Cream of Tarter
  • 2 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 2 tsp. Vanilla
  • 5 to 7 Cups of Flour (I put in 6)
  • Mix ingredients together in order given. Dough will be stiff. Roll out about 1/2 inch think and cut with cookies cutters. Bake at 350 for 9 minutes. Let sit on cookies sheet 2 minutes then remove to cooling rack.

Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 8 oz. Cream Cheese
  • 1 Cup soft Butter
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 cups powdered sugar

Smooth, Glaze Like Frosting (from Studio 5's website)

  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 4 cups pwd. sugar
  • 2 egg whites*
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1-2 tsp. milk
  • dash of salt
  • 1 capful of almond flavoring
  • Beat Together. Color as needed.
  • *2 tsp. meringue powder and 2 tbsp. water= 1 egg white

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Your Cookies were ADORABLE and DELICIOUS! Yum! They are good-- even in memory!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Cassie,
I tried to copy and paste the recipe. . . it won't let me. Will you please email it to me so I can put it in my recipe book?
Thanks