Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lesson Learned: ALWAYS grab a cart!

The other day I was of course in a big hurry running into the local Maceys Grocery store. All I needed to do was run to the bank, and grab some lettuce for dinner. So I thought it would be easier if I just carried Boston rather then grab a cart.

So after our quick trip to the bank inside the store, I went to the produce department. I found the lettuce and put Boston down to put it in a bag. Next thing I know Boston has touched one of the lettuce bunches at the bottom of the stack, and 10 from the top are now on top of him and the floor. Boston started SCREAMING. I don't know if he was scared, knew he was in trouble, or both. So I kneel down to try to comfort him, and 10 more bunches of lettuce come tumbling down.

It was one of those moments where you want to just disappear. Luckily for me a nice Maceys produce worker came as I was trying to put them all back and said "Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it." I apologized 100 times, and ran out of the store.
I've always liked Maceys for their awesome car carts, customer service, cleanliness, and great food. Now I will always love them because they didn't make me pay for 20 things of lettuce. Next time, I'll make sure to grab a cart, and wash my lettuce extra good.

7 comments:

Adam, Jodi ,Dakota and Gavin said...

Camille, I'm so glad you left a comment. Boston is so cute and BIG! I can't believe you are having another one! That is so exciting. Congrats!

Mama! said...

That is such a fun story! I love Macey's too, they are so wonderful! Thanks for the laugh ;)

Jillums said...

I always worry about that happening when I buy oranges or apples. Fun story!!!

Joy said...

The joys of motherhood. I love looking back on memories such as this. Funny now not when they happen.

Lynne said...

Such a cute story!!Just wait till you have two--then you'll really need to always have a cart.

The Willeyes said...

I always hate when they have stacks like that...I'm always afraid it will all fall on me, let alone if Taylor touches that stack! You gotta love adventures in grocery shopping:)

Debany Henriksen said...

That was a hilarious de je vous story Camille. Where is a video camera when you need one? I wish I'd been shopping at Maceys in the produce with you. :) Poor little Boston. I wonder if he'll have memories of that next time you are in the produce isle.