Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Love to See The Temple

Jeremy and I were able to go to the Open House of the Draper Utah L.D.S. temple along with some of our family members. What a neat experience it was. Every temple is so unique, yet the spirit and peace that are found there in are the same.

I love the temple. The blessings the temple can give you, are almost endless. I know we can learn so much by going not once, but again and again to the temple. I know my life has been tremendously blessed by the temple. I am so grateful to know I can be with my family for time and all eternity if I live worthy of that privilege. I love being sealed to my husband Jeremy. It makes me try harder in our marriage knowing that our relationship is not just an earth thing, but a forever thing. The temple truly teaches me the meaning of my life.

This quote from President Howard W. Hunter reminds me of where my priorities in life should be... "Let us be a temple attending and a temple loving people. Let us hasten to the temple as frequently as time and means and personal circumstances allow. Let us go not only for our kindred dead, but let us also go for the personal blessing of temple worship, for the sanctity and safety which is provided within those hallowed and consecrated walls."

I would encourage all of you that are able, wether you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or not, to attend the Draper Temple Open House. What a wonderful thing temples are. You can get tickets and more information online by clicking here -> reserve online or you can call 801-240-7932 in the Salt Lake area, or call toll free 1-800-537-6181.

*NEW*- to answer some of your questions...
  • The Temple Open House runs now through the 14th of March.
  • The whole process took us 1 hour and 45 minutes. That included our wait at the church, watching the introductory movie, bus ride to the temple, walking through the temple, eating cookies at the church right by the temple, and our bus ride back. It's a pretty smooth process that we probably could have done in 1 Hour 30 minutes.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Just curious--how long did it take you to go through the open house? We are going in Feb. and taking Lucas and Ty but I heard it takes three hours. Lucas can handle it but I'm not sure Ty could.

Mama! said...

That is a good question, we're also going the end of February and I can't wait! But I am wondering how the kids will do. Thanks for your sweet comments, you are a great person!

Melanie said...

That temple was very neat, I can't wait to go back when it opens. And it's cool to bring the little ones. It's amazing to me that at the two open houses we've been to, sometimes rambunctious Emma quiets down and is really reverent. The Spirit truly testifies of the truth! (That looks like a tongue-twister)