Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a Wonderful General Conference

I feel like I am echoing a lot of others who have posted about the wonderful L.D.S. General Conference this past weekend, but I too wanted to share a few thoughts and feelings that I had as I watched our dear prophet and apostles address us.

One thing that really stood out to me throughout the whole conference is that while the worlds teaches us to fear, the church teaches us to hope. While the world is teaching us that the worst is yet to come... Elder Perry said "the best is yet to come." Although we are in a very difficult economic time, and a time where there is so much evil, we know we will be protected if we obey the commandments, and follow the prophet. The church shines such a light during these dark and scary times. I know I need not fear, but rather be full of Faith, Hope, and Charity as President Uchtdorf taught.

I enjoyed conference so much, but now comes the hard part. Not just listening to their words, but doing the things they have asked us to do. My sister Natalia always wore a Nike ring. It symbolized to her that even if it was hard, or inconvenient to do something the prophets and apostles asked us to do, she would simply "Just Do It." I am trying to adopted her motto, and simply Just Do It, because I know by doing so, it will only bring me happiness and peace.

2 comments:

Perry's said...

I love your blog. I also loved conference. Your wonderful

Anonymous said...

I like the whole Nike ring thing... I quote that slogan a lot. Perhaps I should be living it better.