Monday, September 8, 2008

Camping... in the middle of nowhere!


Jeremy, Boston, and I went with Jeremy's Sister Jenn, and her husband camping this past weekend. We had planned to stay at this really nice campground with tables, fire pits, running water, and flush toilets... but 20 minutes before we arrived the campground filled. So some guy tells us to go up this really rough dirt road.... what seemed like forever later, we come to this "campground" which was actually a few clearings with rocks in a circle to make a fire pit. NO tables, NO water, NO TOILETS!! It was getting late and we were all really hungry so we decided to rough it!


It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. We ate good food, roasted lots of smores, and Boston loved walking around with his lantern. I think everyone had a good time! Besides having no "camping luxury's" this place was amazing beautiful!! I know I keep saying this, but WOW we live in a great state with something beautiful around every corner!

1 comment:

joshandemily said...

We saw you guys on Sunday, we decided to come to your broadcast because we were assigned to go at 1:00. I wanted to catch you after the meeting, but you got away too fast. Boston is a babe! I think we camped in that same place! Did you drive across the river? I miss you!