Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

The prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints passed away tonight. He died about 6:30pm at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City surrounded by his family.

He was 97 years old. He has been the prophet for 13 years, and is the oldest prophet ever to have served. He will be remembered for his love for temples, and his desire for everyone to receive the blessings that can be available there. Before his presidency there were less than 50 temples, as of January this year there were 124 temples in operation. He will be remembered for his visionary idea for the Conference Center which now stands tall in Salt Lake, and holds 21,000 people. He will be remembered for bringing the church into the media spotlight. Being interviewed by the most famous of reporters including Larry King, Mike Wallace, and many others.
He will be remembered for his visits with world leaders.He will be remembered for his humor. He always knew how to make everyone smile and enjoy life a little bit more.
A very humble man, but a very powerful man who delivered this advice when I was in my youth;
  • Be Grateful
  • Be Smart
  • Be Clean
  • Be True
  • Be Humble
  • Be Prayerful
I will miss him. I love him. I know he led this church by the power of God. I know he is not dead, but lives. He is alive rejoicing to see his wife whom he loved so much.
I also like to think that my sister Natalia is enjoying his "homecoming party" in heaven this night.


Goodbye President Hinckley.
You will be missed.

2 comments:

Berry Family said...

He truely was (and still is) an amazing man! There are so many people that love him, without even really knowing him. He will be missed, but now he is back with his adorable little wife .... and I imagine couldn't be happier.

Mary-Anne said...

Thanks for that, Camille. I will miss him too. And I am sure your sister was there, helping to welcome him back.