Friday, January 25, 2008

I Challenge You

In the last Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints General Conference, one of the apostles President Henry B. Eyring talked about how he had written in a journal every night asking himself "Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?" About two weeks ago I took President Eyring's challenge on to do this myself, and have been writing a little something each night. It has become a huge blessing in my life. I am realizing how much God really does love me, and my family. It's sad to say, but I never really took the time to notice it until now. Each day, something sticks out in my mind as a blessing from our Heavenly Father. It might be as simple as I was able to drive safely to and from Woods Cross, or how my friend Emily came and took me out for lunch on a day that I really needed to get out of the house.

I know that some of you reading this don't believe in the LDS faith. For you I would suggest to start a gratitude journal, and simply write down one thing each day you are grateful for.

I challenge each of you to start doing one of these types of journals. I promise you will soon realize that there is a God, and that he loves you. I promise that you will become increasingly happy as you follow President Eyring's, and now my challenge to each of you.


Who doesn't want to be a little more happy?

No comments: