Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Night in Bethlehem

One Saturday night we planned to go to a live Nativity we had heard about... Jeremy said he wouldn't be able to go, because he had a paper for school he had to finish.  Me, being the very stubborn person I am... decided I would take 3 little kids all by myself.    We get there to find everyone else in the county had the same idea.  I wasn't sure about standing in line, out in the cold especially with little Cambridge, but the line seem to be moving and the kids were being good.  (oh and I am stubborn!)  1 Hour later we finally loaded up into a horse trailer that took us to "Bethlehem."

We were told to follow the star!  

Along the journey there was donkey's, sheep, HUGE camels, Roman Gards on horseback, then a whole town where you saw carpenters, people making blankets with sheep's whole, making bread from wheat, ect...  

It was very loud and crazy in the "city" part.  Which served a very powerful purpose.  After our journey we went into a barn... 

and this is what we saw.  Mary, Jospeh, and the baby Jesus.  It was silent.  Not a noise to be heard.  Even Hadley didn't say a word.  I was overcome by the spirit testifying to me, that Jesus truly was born in very humble circumstances, but with glory as he is the son of God.  It made the whole trip worth it.  My kids felt it too.  They were totally silent until we left the barn.  Powerful moment I will never forget.
-
AWESOME night, and don't worry Cambridge stayed very warm inside my coat! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Gatherers said...

That looks wonderful!

Paul and Darla said...

Wow! What a special experience!