Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving!!!!

I took a lot of pictures of our Thanksgiving this year, as it marked the beginning of new traditions in my family. Ever since I can remember we have ALWAYS had Thanksgiving at a church for both my Mom's side of the family and my Dad's side of the family (Excluding one year) This year, my Mom's side of the family decided that instead of having a HUGE 100 people thanksgiving, that we would just smaller family thanksgiving. Although it is hard to let traditions go, I really think it was a good decision. It was probably my most favorite Thanksgiving yet...

It started out on Wednesday where I made 3 yummy pies, a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and preped my appetizer!


We arrived at my parents about 11:30! They had an awesomely huge table set up in the living room! My Mom made a super cute centerpiece that said "Be Thankful!"


Cassie made these adorable wood turkey's for each family and the cute Kit Kat turkey's for the kiddos! So Cute!!

Here is all the kids ready for the food...

and what an amazing feast it was!!!! Seriously the most yummiest Thanksgiving dinner EVER!!

Everyone eating and enjoying!

So Good!!


After dinner some of the kids prepared a puppet show for us!! So fun!!


Heather, Spencer, Lissy, Cassie, My Mom, and me all made Candy Wreaths! This is something that my Grandma used to always make for her neighbor gifts!! They are just so fun!


My awesome Mom has been playing this "store" for like a year! She has been saving boxes, and buying fun things to make a grocery store!! The kids had so much fun with it! They also enjoyed playing the Wii that Uncle Matt brought!



We even fit in a little bit of basketball.... in the dark! Then we came back to the house for appetizers!! I wish I would have taken a picture of those!!! I just loved spending the day with my family and eating good food and creating good memories! LOVED IT!


Then we headed off to Jeremy's Parents house to say hello and pick up Megan so she could babysit our kids for Black Friday! Jeremy and I slept in and didn't start our Black Friday until 7:30... I regret that big time. I missed out on 3 things I really wanted... but we still got a lot of great deals and the majority of our shopping done!!



On Friday night the kid got to open their new Christmas P.J.'s and a collection of Classic Christmas movies!! They were SO EXCITED!! Oh how I love Christmas with kids, their excitment is just so contagious!!

-

What a Happy Thanksgiving and start to the Christmas Season!!

No comments: