Friday, August 6, 2010

5th Anniversary Getaway

Although our anniversary isn't until August 12th, we celebrated it last weekend. It was Jeremy's turn to plan it, and he did a FABULOUS job!! EVERYTHING was a surprise!! I had a schedule covered in sticky notes with numbers on them. Each day I could only open one number at a time to find a riddle! I would have to figure out the riddle to find out what we were doing next. It was really fun.
The first thing on the agenda was to go to the Bountiful temple, which is where we were married... but it was closed.
So then we went to the Salt Lake Temple which was really nice.

After the temple we went bowling!! Someday I am going to be on a bowling league. I just love that game.

After bowling we went and check into The Little America in downtown SL. We checked out both of the pools, the shops, and then headed off to the

Bee's game!! I love baseball!! It was a really good game, in really good seats, with some really good food, but the best part was having our anniversary announced and appear on the scoreboard!! I loved it!

The next day we went golfing on the executive course at Four Lakes. Golf is another thing I love. We both had some excellent drives, and had a lot of fun!
After golfing we went to Raging Waters. Neither of us had ever been there and we LOVED it!! The facility is super outdated, but the Slides are AWESOME!! We had a royal blast. After swimming Jeremy tells me to dress nice... so I did my best to make myself look nice with swimming hair, BLAH!
We were earlier for our "surprise" dinner, so we played around on Library square downtown. Then we headed over to Cannella's for dinner. I had never heard of the place so I was quite surprised we were going there. Jeremy told me to wait outside... all the sudden my sister-in-law Cat comes waltzing out! I had no idea that it was the restaurant where she works!!

So we go inside and Cat and Jeremy had teamed together to decorate the table all nice!
We thoroughly enjoyed having Cat serve us, and the food was DIVINE!! BEST Italian food ever!! I would highly recommend the place!!

I even got to enjoy my first Italian Soda.

After the fun dinner, we went to a hotel up in Park City to crash for the night!! This was the view from our room! It was SO PRETTY!! I love being up in the mountains!!

The next day Jeremy gave me some money to go spend at the outlets!! YAHOO!!! I love shopping!! After that we went to pick up our kiddos!
-
It was the best anniversary yet!! Loved every minute of it!

1 comment:

Megan Smith said...

How FUN! Jeremy is so creative - what a fun idea to have riddles. :) What I want to know is, since you had $$ to spend at the outlets, did you find something? :) It seems to always work the opposite for me - I have $$, can't find anything. I have NO $$, I find lots. :)