Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wild West Family Reunion

Last week we went to the Armatage's Wild West Family Reunion. (My Mom's side of the family) We went to our traditional Bear Lake Camping Spot, which is where we have been going since I can remember. It is so fun to share with my kids the same fun adventures I enjoyed as a kid. It is amazing to me how much our extended family has grown. I love that we still get together even though there is like a billion of us. Here are some of the things we enjoyed during our stay!

Boston has the cutest shirt that says Happy Camper... He and my dad had the smiles to prove it... at least they did on the first day!!
I think the whole focus of the reunion is to see just how much yummy food we can eat in 3 days! Seriously, you wouldn't find more gourmet camping ANYWHERE!
Of course we went to Bear Lake! Boston has a blast playing with his cousins in the sand and water!
Jeremy had lots of fun making sand creations!
Hadley was an absolute mess! She loved crawling all over the sand, and army crawling through the water!
We finally pulled out our raft we have had for like 4 years, and that was really fun to paddle around in. Boston especially seemed to like that. Then we were really spoiled. My cousins Britt and Jeff brought their boat and let us go for a tub ride. Boston hated it, even though we were only going like 2 miles per hour! So Jeremy and Boston got off and my nephew Logan and I went for a faster ride. Logan LOVED it. He said "This is the funnest thing ever!" I agree! I love tubing!
We went on LOTS of walks!
We even had a mini-rodeo!! Here is cowboy Boston running his horse around the barrels!
They also got a chance to go panning for Gold!!
We also made some super cute picture holders.
Now this is the "Boo-ya No Girls Allowed Club." My awesome cousins Alec and Parker helped the little boys create a fort... or a FORK as they liked to call it. It was so funny how seriously these boys took it!!
We went on a couple mini-hikes that led to oh so beautiful places!!
This is where you could find Boston the whole time. Surrounded by cousins. He was in absolute heaven.
It was a FABULOUS reunion despite the serious lake of sleep thanks to our crazy kiddos!! Oh well, better luck next year right??

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks like so much fun!!!

Melanie said...

I love Bear Lake...we haven't been yet this year, but that really makes me want to get up there soon! You have such a fun family! What great memories!