Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

On Saturday we celebrated America's Birthday!! I am so glad I live in this free country. What a blessing it is to live here. We all (except my brother's family whom we missed!) got together at my parents for some delicious, festive snacks and then headed over to the rec center for some swimming!!
We had such a blast! All the kids just love water!! I took all 3 boys down the big yellow slide! It was the first time I've been able to get Boston to do it! He LOVED it!

Just as we were all getting tired and ready to go, Mason did a twisty jump into the water, and hit his chin on the side of the pool wall... it ended the fun rather quickly. Poor little guy had to go spend 2 hours in the insta-care to get stitches, well actually they just glued it shut which Mason was SO glad he didn't have to be poked by a needle!

Here's Mason showing off his glue/bandaid.
Once Matt and Mason got back to my parents we continued the party with a delicious BBQ, and then headed up to the Fireworks!
Matt, Mason, and Logan
My Dad and Mom
While we waited and waited and waited for the fireworks, the boys played lots of baseball (until Jeremy broke the bat!)

Played lots and lots of Frisbee
Did lots of hanging out
Watched an unbelievable fly over...

Played with "Pops!"
Enjoyed the sunset

Add Image Got settled in our chairs for the AMAZING show!! The best part about it all was that BOTH kids loved the fireworks! It was the 1st time in 3 years that Boston hasn't screamed and shakin' uncontrollably. He loved it, and was given the fireworks names like "American one." "Boom, Boom" "Star one" Hadley just kept pointing and getting so excited!! It was a super super fun 4th... well really 3rd of July!!
I also wanted to include this video so you can see where Boston get's his dance moves... it isn't for me!!!

1 comment:

Paul and Darla said...

That's so funny! I loved the way he layed on the grass and his legs kept dancing!