Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My 200th Post = Hadley's Special Day

This past Sunday Jeremy had the opportunity to bless Hadley. Our ward won't let us bless children unless it is a fast Sunday, so in order to accommodate my family, we ended up doing it in our home. Jeremy gave a little thought before the blessing which I loved and thought I would share;

"E. T. Sullivan once wrote these interesting words: “When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way. He doesn’t stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home and of some obscure mother. And then God puts the idea into the mother’s heart, and she puts it into the baby’s mind. And then God waits. The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies.”

"And those babies, I should like to add, will become forces for good or ill, depending in large measure on how they are reared. The Lord, without equivocation, has declared, “I have commanded you to bring up your children in light and truth” (D&C 93:40). If I may be pardoned for suggesting the obvious, I do so only because the obvious is not observed in so many instances. The obvious includes four imperatives with reference to children: (1) love them, (2) teach them, (3) respect them, and (4) pray with them and for them."

---Gordon B. Hinckley, “These, Our Little Ones,” Liahona, Dec 2007, 2–7

What a huge responsibility I have to raise my two beautiful children in righteousness.

I am overwhelmed by that responsibility, but I am also so blessed to have that responsibility. I feel so lucky to be a mother.

It was a fantastic day celebrating how special Hadley is. It was great to be able to celebrate it with some of our family.

Our Family

Rogers Family

Garner Family

Hadley's Grandma and Grandpa Rogers
Hadley's Grandma and Grandpa Garner

2 comments:

Lynne said...

What a cute smile!! It seems like she looks a lot like Boston. Do you get that a lot or is it just me?

The Willeyes said...

What a wonderful thought. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a wonderful day. Congratulations :)