Monday, July 13, 2009

Armatage Family Reunion!

A week ago today we got home from a fabulous camping trip up St. Charles Canyon, located a few miles from Bear Lake!

It was so fun to see all of my Aunts, Uncles, and Cousin's by the dozens! We had over 70 people there!
On the first day there, I smothered Boston in kid-friendly mosquito repellent twice... 50+ mosquito bites later, I decided to smoother him in the adult stuff that contained lots of deet! (Does anyone know a kid mosquito repellent that actually works???)

Despite all the bites, Boston had the time of his life up camping, and waisted no time getting dirty while playing with his cousin Jordan!
The second day there, Jeremy went golfing, and then we all enjoyed spending sometime at Bear Lake!

Even Hadley dressed up for the event! She wore my old swimming suit that I wore as a baby! She looked so cute, and even shared with us some of her first smiles!

I loved the way Hadley's eyes just sparkle in this picture!

Boston loved throwing the wet sand all over himself, and anyone who would dare get near!

He also loved playing with his cousin Peyton in the sand! Boston wanted to follow Peyton everywhere up camping!

It was the busiest I have ever seen Bear Lake! The pictures in the top right is to show all the hundreds of cars on just the north end of the lake.
The second night there, we had a TERRIBLE storm. Hail, Rain, Wind, and Lightening and Thunder. We all ran to our tents or trailers. Boston was so scared, and was crying so hard. Then Jeremy and I said a prayer that everyone would be safe and protected, and began singing primary songs. Immediately Boston calmed down, and Jeremy and I were able to calm our fears as well. My parents tent got severely flooded, but nobody was hurt. I am always amazed by the Power of prayer and the Power of music. Both work miracles.
On the third day we joined in Paris, Idaho's Independence Day activities which included a yummy breakfast, and a fun parade!! My favorite part about the parade is that it goes down one side of the street, turns around, and then comes back on the other side of the street!

Before the parade started we took some time to take some family pics in our flag shirts! Wow, we are a family of 4! That's crazy!

But what is even crazier is that my parents now have 7 grandkids!

This is Hadley and her cousin Audriana! My kids are so lucky to have cousin's so close to their age!

On the 4th day, we went to church, did some crafts, and just enjoyed the beauty of the mountains!
I think Boston's favorite activity the whole time was riding these cars down this small ramp. The kids did this for HOURS!

Here are some other fun pics! Thanks to everyone who planned and attended the reunion! It was a blast!



7 comments:

Joy said...

Fun cute pictures...poor Boston and all those bites makes me itchy.

Lynne said...

So fun!! It's always so fun to be with family and camp.

The Willeyes said...

Looks like a blast...aren't families the best!

Kolby and Amy said...

Looks like lots of fun, poor little Boston that would make me crazy having that many bites! Your family is so cute!

Cassie said...

how's Boston's bites? Peyton's are gone. Sounds like I pay a babysitter really good if that's the going rate for your neighborhood then. That's good she'll want to come back more.

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

Poor Boston! Grandma Garner (not your mother) used to always tell me what was acceptable when she was a mother and how she wished they hadn't banned it for our babies. (like paragoric or regular canned milk instead of formula) I used to say to mayself that I was glad things had changed. I'm on the other end of that now! I like the deet!

Julie said...

Looks like so much fun! Cute pics! Poor Boston.