Monday, March 23, 2009

What a Fantastic Weekend!

Isn't it funny how some weekends you have absolutely nothing going on, and others are jam packed! Well this weekend was a busy one, but a great one!
On Friday night I had the girls on my Dad's side of the family over to my house for dinner. It was so fun to see everyone and enjoy lots of chatting and laughing.
-

On Saturday we celebrated Jeremy's birthday by having his family over for a cruise themed BBQ! We turned our deck into a "cruise ship" using Christmas lights, life jackets, and oars.
Jeremy was the master chef and grilled up some yummy hamburgers and hot dogs!
We also had a putting contest on our deck.
Boston thoroughly enjoyed his first golf lesson!

I made fish sugar cookies to go along with our cruise theme. B and his cousin seem to enjoy them! It was fun to have so many of Jeremy's family come out to our place. His parents and 8 out of the 11 siblings were able to come!
-

On Sunday morning, Jeremy and Boston decided to try on some of my old funny glasses! I thought it was hilarious!
-

After church we were able to go with my parents to the Draper temple dedication. What a wonderful experience it has been for me, to attend 6 temple dedications.
-
My first experience was when I was 8 years old, and I was able to attend the Bountiful temple dedication. I remember singing The Spirit of God, and I felt the most amazing feeling throughout my body. It was the spirit. It is one of my very first memories of feeling the spirit. Whenever that song is sang, especially during temple dedications, the spirit fills my soul and testifies to me that The Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-day Saints is true.
After the dedication we celebrated Jeremy's birthday at my parents house by having chicken enchilada's and root bear floats. I hadn't had a root bear float in a very long time. It tasted SO GOOD!
-
Boston was so cute about Jeremy's birthday. He just kept saying "Daddy birthday!" "Happy Birthday Daddy!" "More presents!" He even sang the whole Happy Birthday song which both Jeremy and I were surprised to find out he knew!
-
What a fantastic Weekend!

4 comments:

Megan Smith said...

Wow Camille! How did you pull all of that off this past weekend?! You are amazing! Sounds like a ton of fun! Hope Jeremy had a great birthday. -Megan

Amber said...

Sounds like a fun and eventful weekend. Family is so wonderful to have to share tons of experiences with. Happy belated Birthday Jeremy!

The Willeyes said...

What a fun weekend. It was great to see you on Thursday too:) You look great!

Sheffers said...

What a great idea, happy late birthday to Jeremy!