Friday, July 15, 2011

Camping Day 1- Timpanogos Caves

Jeremy planned this camping trip at the beginning of the year, and I am so glad he did! We invited Jeremy's sister Megan, and Jeremy's niece Baylee, and nephew Taylor to come along for the ride. We had SO MUCH FUN!


Jeremy spent like 2 hours getting 7 people and all the stuff we needed to go camping for 3 days shoved into or on top of the van. I still can't believe he did it. I thought we would just take 2 cars...



So we drive a few minutes, and arrive at Timpanogos Cave! We decide we are hungry, so we found a picnic area and had our sack lunches.


Then we got set for our hike...


It is a pretty darn good hike. It is 3 1/2 miles round trip, and it ascends 1,065 feet.


Hadley loved it. She loves riding in the "Pack Pack" and she sings almost the whole time. So cute. Jeremy is AMAZING that he can carry her for so long!


The 4 of us rocked it! Boston also did AMAZING! He hiked the whole thing by himself except a small stretch on the way down I carried him. He is such an awesome hiker!


The views were so amazing, and we saw a lizard and lots of fun flowers.


There was a couple of rock tunnels you had to go through. That was cool.


We found amazing tree's growing out of rocks.


We took a few rests to grab a snack and stay hydrated. It was HOT!


Finally we made it!! The cave, is actually 3 caves found at different times that they have connected. It felt so good in there, nice and cool!!


In this picture there is a pool of water behind us. There was tons of water and stalagmites, stalactites, soda straws, cave popcorn, and all that good cave stuff!


Silly Megan....



The red laser is showing the "heart" of the cave. Hadley kept saying "This is cool." She was cracking ever buddy up on the tour. It was a super fun cave and I am so glad we went!


After the cave we headed to Timpanogos Campground where we stayed. I was SO HAPPY with the campground. Flush toilets, running water, and private spots with tons of trees! Perfect! We set up camp and got to use our new camping grill for the first time! We made chicken quesadillas that were SO GOOD!



After dinner we of course had to have SMORES! Oh my. Nothin' better. We enjoyed talking around the fire, and then all of us went to bed pretty tired from our big day!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

So much fun!! I don't know if I'll do the hike again--but I'm happy to say I've done it once. Of course I carried Ty up most of the way.

Can't wait to go camping!! You're pictures make me wish we already were.