Saturday, September 18, 2010

She did it!!! She FINALLY did it!!!

We are just beyond happy at our house today!! Last night Hadley finally took her first steps at 16 months old!!! I feel like we have been waiting for this day for forever!! We had been so concerned about her motor skill development, but all the doctors/ nurses just decided that she had things backwards. She worked on her verbal skills first, and then her motor skills... backwards from most kids. Sorry the video's are dark, it was late at night...

Here is Hadley try, try, trying.

Here are those first steps!!!

Hadley Stories:
A week ago I came home from Macey's with a random can of tomato sauce... I thought it was rather strange, I checked my receipt and sure enough, I paid for it. So I came home the other day from Target, and found a pair of reading glasses... sure enough I paid for them. I finally figured it out. Hadley puts it in the cart. Boston puts it on the conveyor belt. Then Hadley makes enough ruckus during check out that I don't even notice! What a team!!

Another time at Macey's I looked down into the car cart where Hadley was sitting and she was eating a Mint Truffle she has pulled off the shelf.... another time at the dollar store I looked up just in time to see her rip open two packages of form stickers and see them fly everywhere! Luckily she has only cost me about 4 dollars...

Her vocabulary is unbelievable. She learns about 2 words a day. Some of my favorites lately have been Camille, Jeremy, Hadley, happy birthday, baby, fish and up up up.

Oh how we love our Hadley girl.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Good job Hadley Ann!

Megan Smith said...

Yay for Hadley! I love how she puts stuff in the cart and you end up buying it. Classic! :) Ty walked when he was 16 months too - plenty early, in my opinion. :) We need to go on a bike ride sometime!

Paul and Darla said...

That's so precious! i love the way she keeps clapping and kicking her feet when she falls. Nothing's going to stop her now!!!

Paul and Darla said...

It sounds like you have your own Bonnie and Clide! That's so funny! In your "spare" time, you should write a book!