Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Race


At the beginning of August I convinced my walking buddy that we should run a 5K. So we began training. At first, it was REALLY rough. Neither of us could run very far. Neither of us have ever been runners, or have ever had a desire to be one. But we persisted, and slowly but surely we have been getting better.

Yesterday was our big day. We finished our 3.2 miles in 36 minutes and 22 seconds! I know that is not a fast time, but considering the first time we did the route it took us 50 minutes, I would say that we have improved quite dramatically. So I would declare that we were victorious!

I had 5 cheerleaders there at the finish line! Jeremy, Boston, Hadley, and to my surprise my parents came to support me. I can't believe that after 24 years they still come and support me in everything I do. No matter how small or silly it may be!
It was really neat to prove to myself that I could do something I never thought possible. It was fun to set a goal, work towards it, and do it! Now I can't wait for the next 5K to see how I can improve my time!

7 comments:

Joy said...

It was fun to see the two of you out there! You girls did great!

Nicole said...

That's so awesome, Camille! You are so inspiring! Congratulations!

Rickeynoel said...

Thanks for the fun on Saturday.....mom and I desided we could do it in 45 minutes... double batoven(s).....DAD G

Megan Smith said...

Wow, good job Camille! And what's even more awesome is you want to do another 5K! :)

Debany Henriksen said...

Amazing Camille, wish I had known, we would have certainly been there to watch & cheer you guys on!

Kristen said...

Holy wow! Way to go! No wonder you look so great--even after having a baby this summer.

Darla said...

Congratulations Camille! That's quite an accomplishment. You're an inspiration!