Sunday, November 11, 2007

Boycott Ungrateful Radio Stations



As many of you know I have a huge soap box about people, well mostly the comercial world, forgetting about Thanksgiving. I have written editorials about it in school and local newspapers, and once again this year I feel passionately about expressing my feelings about these ungrateful industries.

Please, Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas! It is my favorite holiday, but I don't like how we skip one of my other favorites. I mean is it really necessary to start putting out the Christmas decorations in August, as I saw this year? Is it really necessary to start playing Christmas music on Halloween? I think not. The Christmas season always has and always will start for me, and the majority of the human race the day AFTER Thanksgiving. So please join with me and Boycott those silly radio stations who think it is fun to play Christmas music before the Christmas season begins. I mean both Kosy 106.5 and FM 100 are playing "White Christmas" while it is still 65 degree's outside, that is simply crazy! I think we need to take the time to enjoy being thankful for what we have before we rush into the hustle and bustle of Christmas!

Alright, I'll step off my box now. Thanks for reading
!

4 comments:

Berry Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Berry Family said...

Camille ... I agree with you and HATE how people forget and don't get excited for Thanksgiving. I hope you get across to everyone.

Mary-Anne said...

You are so funny. Although, I do agree with you!! My mom always had a rule that we couldn't set up ANY Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving! So now that's my rule too. I'm very glad you have a blog though! Our blog is http://nathanaelandmary-anne.blogspot.com

jenny said...

I completely agree! I am glad I finally found someone who shares my viewpoint!!!

Although, I take it a tad bit farther...nothing Christmas in the Urry house until December 1st!