Monday, March 7, 2016

Natalia's Birthday

I was super lucky to be able to spend Natalia's birthday weekend with her twin boys!! Oh how I love these two! They remind me so much of Natalia. Logan has Natalia's oh so tender heart, and Mason has her determination and love of music. We made birthday pancakes and sang to their angel mom, and I tried to give them some of her favorites... mint chocolate chip ice cream, campfire night complete with smores, and I even let them "drive" because she lived for the day when she turned 16 and could finally drive!!! Oh how I love these not so little boys!!!

Each year we set a crazy unrealistic goal of how many acts of service we want to do for Natalia's Birthday, and each year we somehow surpass it. This year the goal was 330 for her 33rd birthday. 392 acts were recorded. Each year as I scroll through the posts of each act done in her honor I can't help but dry the tears that fall from pure gratitude and love for the amazing people in our lives, and the amazing things they are doing. Thank you most deeply for making another ‪#‎ServiceForNatalia‬ year so successful. WE LOVE YOU NATALIA!!!!!!

One of the Service for Natalia challenges

After taking one donation trip to the Road Home, I wanted to do more...
The Road Home donation trip #2 was AMAZING. I simply could not believe how generous so many people were. What made trip #2 extra special was that I had Logan and Mason(Natalia's boys) at my house for a couple of day, and they couldn't believe everyone was bringing all this stuff in honor of their mommy. The loved each time someone would make a drop off, and helping me sort through it all! It was really neat to take them along as we took our van and car STUFFED full of donations to The Road Home. I think it touched their hearts, just like it did mine. It's amazing how when everyone gives a little, it really adds up to make a BIG difference. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. The Road Home was extremely grateful.

On her birthday we gathered at the cemetery.  

Natalia's Boys

Sending messages to heaven

Then enjoyed her favorite pizza hut pizza, cookie dough brownies, and playing games.
I sure miss her.

No comments: