Monday, November 10, 2014

Meet the Mormons

Jeremy and I went on a real date.  A dinner and a movie date.  It was wonderful.   We went to see Meet the Mormons.  I loved it. I cried. I laughed. I cried some more. I want to go see it again. I loved the feeling I had when I left the theater. I felt so driven to be a better person, to be more like my Savior Jesus Christ. I left wanting to love my family more, serve others more, and continue to grow closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior. I highly recommend it to everyone. Mormon or not. You will leave feeling better then you came.

After our date
while driving our babysitter home, we found the body of a teenager lying right in front of us. I stopped the car, flipped on the flashers, ran out to the boy and flagged down someone to call for help! (The one and only time I forgot my cell phone) Luckily it appeared the boy would be fine, a broken leg for sure, and most likely a concussion. (Long boarding accident) I am so guilty of distracted driving. Whether it be trying to help my kids, looking or talking on my phone ect... I hate to think what could have happened if I had been distracted for simply 2 seconds. The story could have had a terrible ending. I hope by sharing this we can all choose to drive more alert. Put the phones away! You simply never know what will happen. 

No comments: