Thursday, September 20, 2012

Alabama

Guest Blogger Jeremy:
Last week I went to Anniston, Alabama to be trained how to operate an Incident Command Center in a hospital if/when any natural or terrorist disaster occurs.  It was a great experience put on by FEMA and the Center for Domestic Preparedness.

This is the only hospital in the country that is completely dedicated to training.

These are two dummies dressed up in personal protective equipment (aka Hazmat Gear).  The dummy in the middle is me.

I got to be the Planning Deputy for our two day drill.  My job was to help keep our objectives clear and to provide staffing for the hospital.  That became a bit of an issue when we had a small pox outbreak, a bomb threat in the hospital, an explosion at a battery factory in the community, a plane crash and a partridge in a pair tree.

This is Cooter Brown's.  The best Ribs in Alabama are served here.  The rub was so good that I didn't bother with the BBQ sauce for most of it (although the BBQ sauce was killer good as well).

These are the ribs... ohhhhhhh... the ribs...mmmmmmm.

This was a great fuax license plate.  It said "You've got a friend in Jesus".  
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Paul and Darla said...

Thanks for sharing all that! Wow, I'm so proud of you. Always learning, learning, learning! You're a great example to me. I loved hearing about your responsibilities. It sounds fun --especially the partridge in a pare tree!