Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Temple and Tulip Trip


Our Ward had a family temple day on Saturday. I thought it was a really neat activity. We met at the church for a little devotional and then were given a packet with ideas to do as a family at the temple. The packet included stories, songs, quotes, and facts about the temple. So we all headed up to the temple where they had a photographer take every families picture, and then each family was encouraged to go off on their own and enjoy the spirit of the temple grounds and do a few activities from the packet. We enjoyed singing "I love to see the temple" with Boston and watching his excitement as he got to touch the temple. President Monson once said "As we touch the temple, the temple will touch us." It was a great morning at the temple, together as a family.

5 comments:

Adele said...

What a fun idea. When I read your last post about the tulips I took my camera to Temple Square with me on Saturday and got some great pics. Love ya!

Lynne said...

I do love the temple activity. I think I'll suggest it in ward council. It would be fun to do at the end of the summer when our new temple is dedicated.

EmmaP said...

that is way cool... maybe i'll tell our activity person to add that for the calendar for next year. oh - wait - that's me... In that case, will you send me some stuff as far as what was inthe packet?

Julie said...

Great activity! I love the 1st pic.

Melanie said...

I love those pics of Boston and the tulips, you do such great things in Photoshop! I also like that quote by President Monson about the temple touching us, they talked about that at our stake conference, it is cool!