Saturday, May 8, 2010

Being A Mother.

I love being a Mom. I had no idea that being a Mom would be so hard, yet I had no idea how much joy, love, and purpose would come from being a Mom. I often wonder why I am so lucky.
I wonder why I sometimes spend time on Facebook, rather then talking with my kids face to face. I wonder why I sometimes think it is more important to Dust the house, then to play a baseball game. Sometimes I am smart, and I read one more book, or give one more hug, or get one more giggle. Sometimes I remember that being a Mom truly is a privilege. Something not to be taken for granted. So this Mother's Day, I am vowing to myself to be a better Mom. I want to be the best I can be for my little people. They deserve all I can give. I am going to give all I can give, just like my Mom gave to me. There is no doubt in my mind that she gave being a Mom 110%. She still does. I am so grateful I had the best example in the world as a Mom. I hope to be just like her.

"How do we get women to stop saying, 'I'm just a mother.' Or, 'I used to be such and such, but now I'm just a mother?' We need to market motherhood. So I came up with a saying: 'Motherhood. 24/7 on the front lines of humanity. Are you man enough to try it?'" -Maria Shriver-

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I wanted to tell you that you are a great mom!!! Thanks for the quote.